ITALY: 100 Locals Tell You Where to Go, What to Eat, and How to Fit In
Want to experience Italy as only a local could?
This guide’s for you.
Filled with 100 interviews with people who live, work, and adventure all over Italy, this book will give you:
- Directions to that pizza place that’s always packed with locals and rarely sees a tourist
- Lists of must-try dishes for each town and region
- Names of those off-the-beaten-track towns with the best wineries in the region
- Tips on how to spot authentic gelato, make friends with the locals, and avoid rip-offs and pick-pockets
- Brutal honesty about how you should never ever order a cappuccino after lunch or wear flip-flops to a monument
- And so much more
It’s time to experience authentic, local Italy—through the eyes of those who have lived there for years.
And, Also, My Palms Are Sweaty
This is not a love story. At least, not in the way you’re thinking. It’s a story about girl meets boy (after boy, after boy), boy does crazy things and girl somehow lives to tell the tale. It’s also a story about how girl meets herself, does some crazy things and learns to love herself. And to really love others.
But I’m getting ahead of myself.
Filled with not-so-quiet reflection, self-deprecation and ridiculous men (including favorites like the kilt-wearing Subway Pirate and a foot fetishist who just loves to watch me chew), this book is for every girl who has ever tried to climb out the bathroom window in stiletto heels—and men who have done the same (minus the stilettos…I’m guessing).