Looking for a writer, speaker, or interviewee?
I love talking about writing, books, travel, and mental health—whether on paper or on stage. Contact me here to talk about your event.
Gigi Griffis is the author of the Netflix tie-in novel The Empress and creepy YA horror The Wicked Unseen (2023) and We Are The Beasts (2024), among other things. She’s a sucker for little-known histories, “unlikable” female characters, and all things Europe. After almost ten years of semi-nomadic life, she now lives in Portugal with an opinionated Yorkie-mix named Luna and a fancy blender that cost more than her couch.
Gigi’s work has been translated into 17+ languages, and she has been featured in WestJet Magazine, Netflix Tudum, The New York Times, Noble Blood, and more.
- Teen Vogue: “The Wicked Unseen” is a tale of cults, secrets, and queer kids fighting back – see the cover
- Netflix Tudum: How “The Empress” Traveled From Screen to Page
- CNN Portugal: “New in Town” segment (11-minute mark)
- Learning the Tropes: Interview with Gigi Griffis
- Noble Blood podcast: “The Empress” with Gigi Griffis (paywall)
- The Manuscript Academy: Script-to-book, book-to-film, and all things IP
- WestJet Magazine: Slow Going
- International Living: How to Take Your Dog to Europe
Permission is granted for use for publicity purposes for the photo above and photos below. Click to download multiple sizes (via Flickr). Photo credit: Laura Dronne.
Contact me for interviews, speaking opportunities, guest posts, or features. I’d love to hear from you.