After five too-short days in Paris, I’ve compiled a list of must-dos for you. Forget all those traditional sights. The real delight is in the quirky details. Because what vacation is complete without some quirk?
That’s what I thought.
Ready. Set. Your quirky (and tasty) Parisian to-do list:
1. Visit the Abercrombie store and stare shamelessly at the bouncers…err, models.
Yeah. The Abercrombie store in Paris hires their bouncers from a modeling agency.
2. Shop the sexy, crazy sex shops of Pigalle.
Where you can buy a bra made of candy, a striptease game, and poppers.
3. Visit the wall of love.
Love in every language possible.
4. Go to a bakery where everything is shaped like a penis.
This is in the gay/Jewish quarter. Can’t make this stuff up, people.
5. Eat perfectly prepared duck breast with a cherry wine reduction sauce.
And, of course, pair it with a perfect red wine.
6. Visit a flea market and consider purchasing a two-foot metal rooster.
Or maybe a pair of totally awesome steampunk-reminiscent shoes. (Yeah, I definitely wish I’d purchased those blue ones.)
7. Take photos of the butt in the wall.
8. Buy a bottle of Rhone wine from Caves de Abbess.
For serious, that stuff is made of magic.
9. Walk for six hours a day and then stuff your face with fancy desserts.
These two things cancel each other out.
10. Get kissed in front of the Eiffel Tower.
I didn’t do this one myself, but it does seem like a thing worth doing. Am I right? Obviously yes.
Go forth. Delight in the details.
Disclaimer/boring legal crap: Some of the links on this site are affiliate links, which means I get a little commission.
So when you click on a link, you're probably supporting my travels and writing and all that jazz (thank you!).
(Don't worry, I still won't promote anything I don't love.)